JOHNNY’S ONLINE CV
Consistent, logical and creative, I can work on my own initiative. I am a friendly, enthusiastic fast learner who can adapt to situations easily and produce quality work to deadlines.
2011 – 2014: University of Gloucestershire
Studying Radio Production BA Hons
2009 – 2011: Wiltshire College (Chippenham) End mark: DMM
Studied National Diploma In Media Production (TV and Film). Using Adobe computer programmes such as After Effects, Premier Pro, Photo shop, Audition and Macintosh software including Motion, Final Cut Pro and Logic.
2003 – 2004: The CAD Centre (UK) Ltd, Swindon
Gained NVQ Using information technology level 1 & 2.
2000 – 2002: Taurus Skills Foundation, Swindon
Gained NVQ in distributive operations level 1.
February 2014 – Present: Soundgorillas.co.uk Podcasts and audio dramas.
Online freelance audio drama and podcast production.
April 2010 – January 2014: Radioshock Media Freelance audio and video production
Freelance audio and video producer.
June 2005 – October 2006: Coliseum Nightclub (Luminar Leisure) Halifax
Multifunctional staff in a busy nightclub. Responsible for smooth running of the bar, stocking up the bar and dealing with customers. Included other duties such as cloak room attending, ticketing and glass collecting.
October 2011 – present: Johnny Robinson Affair (Tone Radio)
Presenter of weekly radio show on Student Radio station Tone Radio where I also held positions as Head of music and Lead imaging Producer.
October 2009 – July 2010: Johnny Robinson Show (Spark Radio)
Presenter of a weekly Thursday afternoon show on Internet station ‘Spark Radio’ based at Wiltshire College Chippenham.
October 2007 – June 2009: Swindon 105.5
Head of music, technical manager, audio producer and training assistant. Included managing music, managing presenters in the studios, visiting schools and community centres providing radio training, assisting presenters with technical issues. Presented a Saturday night show and produced sketches and music for the show, as well as covering for various presenters on other shows.
September 2005: Community Radio Swindon (Now Swindon 105.5) RSL, Wiltshire
Duty manager and presenter for a 28 day broadcast. Included technical work and carried out the audio production for the Broadcast.
February 2005 – 2010: Freelance radio work & work experience.
Freelance presentation and production work for various internet and hospital radio stations. Completed a radio training course at Bradford Community Broadcasting (BCB) in West Yorkshire. Work experience at Dearne FM (Barnsley), Original Radio (Bristol) and Brunel FM (Swindon). Studio manager for Event Radio Live 2007 (Trowbridge).
August 2003 – January 2005 Swindon FM (Swindon Radio Ltd), Wiltshire.
Broadcast assistant with responsibilities to ensure the broadcast ran properly, basic audio production, technical assistant, administration work and cover presenter.
- Completed degree with a 2:1 BA Hons.
- Nominated for a Student Radio Award in the Student Radio Chart Show Category.
- internship within the Students Union at the University of Gloucestershire as Head of Music at Tone Radio.
- Regular Stand up comedian and DJ in student bars at the University of Gloucestershire.
- President of the Comedy Society at the University Of Gloucestershire.
- Head of music, Imaging Producer and presenter at Wychwood FM and Trees FM event broadcasts.
- Part-Time Media officer for the University Of Gloucestershire Students union 2013-2014.
- Co-writer and music composer for film ‘Planet Chippenham’, which won Two awards at Wiltshire’s ‘Preloader Film Festival 2010’ (best written short film, and best video judged by media professionals). Also took part in the 2010 and 2011 48 hour film challenges.
- Highest web listeners on Swindon 105.5 (March ’08 – June ’09) with my Saturday night general entertainment show, held Head of music position at the station which received good listener feedback and held the cover drive presenter position.
- Was part of the team who achieved the ‘best bar none award 2006’ for Coliseum Nightclub, Halifax.
- My Yorkshire Television mock ident was in the youtube charts for a week in 2008. it has around 33,000 views.
Hobbies & Interests
My interests include listening to and making music, writing comedy sketches with friends, bicycle rides, regular trips and activities, keeping an eye on what’s in the cinemas, DJ-ing at parties and being creative with other forms. I also produce my own website www.johnnyrobinson.co.uk, and learning how to play the Kajon drum.
I enjoy spending time with my daughter when she visits from Yorkshire. Since a young age I have enjoyed working with children.